Nowadays, there are more and more types of materials used in construction, and the types of decoration materials are becoming more and more complete. Because of this, it is becoming more and more difficult for consumers to choose when purchasing decoration materials. The so-called knowing yourself and the enemy can win all battles, and the same is true when consumers buy materials. Today, the editor will introduce an important decoration material – slate. Let’s take a look at what is slate, what are the classifications of slate, and what are the decoration uses of slate.
What is Slate:
Slate is a rock with a plate-like structure and basically no recrystallization. Slate is a metamorphic rock. Its original rock is argillaceous, silty or neutral tuff, which can be stripped into Flakes. The color of slate can change with the impurities it contains. Slate is a kind of shallow metamorphic rock. It is formed by slight metamorphism of clayey, silty sedimentary rocks or intermediate-acid tuff rocks and sedimentary tuffs.
Classification of slate:
1. According to color classification, slate can be divided into black slate, green slate, red slate, purple slate, gray slate and silver crystal slate.
2. According to the classification of mineral composition, slate can be divided into hollow spar slate, spotted slate, silty slate, silicon slate and so on.
3. Other classifications include this quality slate, carbonaceous slate and black slate.
Decorative uses of slate:
1. Roof: Slate stone is superior to general artificial covering materials, and has the advantages of moisture resistance, wind resistance, and thermal insulation. Slate roofs can last for hundreds of years. In addition, MCM slate is safe, ecological and environmentally friendly.
2. Landscaping: Due to the weather resistance and pollution resistance of slate, it is often used in various residential and commercial landscaping projects, and is often used to lay paths, decorate around swimming pools, exterior walls, and even courtyards . Slate stone can also be used for fountains, which can be a good combination of traditional and modern styles.
3. Floors and exterior walls: Slate is used for exterior floors, interior floors and exterior walls. Slate floors are usually laid outdoors in hallways, basements and kitchens. Slate floors are durable, versatile and aesthetically pleasing. Buyers can use slate to decorate the interior to the best effect. The indoor slate floor can also be polished slate, or it can be natural style and color, with rich colors, mainly compound gray, such as gray yellow, gray red, gray black, gray white, etc., up to 256 kinds of collections color. Slate floors outside can be casual slate or slate tiles. Random slates can also be in different shapes, such as solitary, trapezoidal, parallelogram, etc.
Slate has many advantages and is rich in types, so there are many decorative uses of slate. If you want to know more about slate products, please read other contents of this website.